2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 780.96
- ICD-9-CM 780.96 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 780.96 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Generalized aches and pains (finding)
- Pain crisis
- Causing physical or psychological misery, pain or distress.
- Pain that is difficult to pinpoint.
- Sensation of unpleasant feeling indicating potential or actual damage to some body structure felt all over, or throughout the body.
- The sensation of discomfort, distress, or agony, resulting from the stimulation of specialized nerve endings.
- Unpleasant sensation induced by noxious stimuli and generally received by specialized nerve endings.
- Unpleasant sensory and emotional experience associated with actual or potential tissue damage.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM R52 Pain, unspecified
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 780.96
- Pain(s) (see also Painful) 780.96
- alimentary, due to vascular insufficiency 557.9
- anginoid (see also Pain, precordial) 786.51
- coronary - see Angina
- due to (presence of) any device, implant, or graft classifiable to 996.0-996.5 - see Complications, due to (presence of) any device, implant, or graft classified to 996.0-996.5 NEC
- malignancy (primary) (secondary) 338.3
- epigastric, epigastrium 789.06
- extremity (lower) (upper) 729.5
- female genital organ NEC 625.9
- generalized 780.96
- genital organ
- head (see also Headache) 784.0
- heart (see also Pain, precordial) 786.51
- infraorbital (see also Neuralgia, trigeminal) 350.1
- labor, false or spurious 644.1
- mastoid (see also Otalgia) 388.70
- metacarpophalangeal (joint) 719.44
- metatarsophalangeal (joint) 719.47
- musculoskeletal (see also Pain, by site) 729.1
- neoplasm related (acute) (chronic) 338.3
- over heart (see also Pain, precordial) 786.51
- pericardial (see also Pain, precordial) 786.51
- pleura, pleural, pleuritic 786.52
- radicular (spinal) (see also Radiculitis) 729.2
- root (spinal) (see also Radiculitis) 729.2
- round ligament (stretch) 625.9
- spinal root (see also Radiculitis) 729.2
- temporomandibular (joint) 524.62
- thoracic spine 724.1
- with radicular and visceral pain 724.4
- trigeminal (see also Neuralgia, trigeminal) 350.1
- urinary (organ) (system) 788.0
- vertebrogenic (syndrome) 724.5