2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 840.4
Rotator cuff (capsule) sprain
- Short description: Sprain rotator cuff.
- ICD-9-CM 840.4 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 840.4 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2011 version of ICD-9-CM 840.4.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 840.4: 2012 2013 2014.
- Left rotator cuff capsule sprain
- Left rotator cuff tear
- Right rotator cuff capsule sprain
- Right rotator cuff tear
- Sprain of shoulder rotator cuff
- Sprain of shoulder, rotator cuff
- Sprain shoulder, rotator cuff
- Traumatic complete rupture of rotator cuff
- Traumatic left rotator cuff tear
- Traumatic partial rupture of rotator cuff
- Traumatic right rotator cuff tear
- complete rupture of rotator cuff, nontraumatic (727.61)
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM S43.429A Sprain of unspecified rotator cuff capsule, initial encounter