2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 842.09
Other wrist sprain
- Short description: Sprain of wrist NEC.
- ICD-9-CM 842.09 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 842.09 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2011 version of ICD-9-CM 842.09.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 842.09: 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM S63.599A Other specified sprain of unspecified wrist, initial encounter
- Complete tear dorsal intercarpal ligament
- Complete tear of ulnolunate ligament
- Complete tear short intrinsic ligament nonspecific
- Complete tear ulnar carpal complex nonspecific
- Distal radioulnar joint sprain
- Left distal radioulnar joint sprain
- Left triangular fibrocartilage complex tear
- Left ulnocarpal ligament rupture
- Left wrist collateral ligament rupture
- Right distal radioulnar joint sprain
- Right triangular fibrocartilage complex tear
- Right ulnocarpal ligament rupture
- Right wrist collateral ligament rupture
- Sprain of radiolunate ligament
- Sprain of radioscaphocapitate ligament
- Sprain of radioscapholunate ligament
- Sprain of scapholunate ligament
- Sprain of ulnolunate ligament
- Sprain short intrinsic ligament nonspecific
- Sprain triangular fibrocartilage
- Sprain ulnar carpal complex nonspecific
- Sprain ulnar-carpal meniscus
- Sprain wrist extensors
- Traumatic rupture of extensor tendon of hand