2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 840.5
Subscapularis (muscle) sprain
- Short description: Sprain subscapularis.
- ICD-9-CM 840.5 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 840.5 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2011 version of ICD-9-CM 840.5.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 840.5: 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM S43.80XA Sprain of other specified parts of unspecified shoulder girdle, initial encounter
- Left subscapularis strain
- Left subscapularis tendon tear
- Right subscapularis strain
- Right subscapularis tendon tear
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 840.5
- Sprain, strain (joint) (ligament) (muscle) (tendon) 848.9
- subscapularis 840.5