2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 842.01
Sprain of carpal (joint) of wrist
- Short description: Sprain carpal.
- ICD-9-CM 842.01 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 842.01 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2011 version of ICD-9-CM 842.01.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 842.01: 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM S63.519A Sprain of carpal joint of unspecified wrist, initial encounter
- Left carpal joint sprain
- Left lunotriquetral ligament tear
- Left scapholunate ligament rupture
- Left scapholunate ligament tear
- Right carpal joint sprain
- Right lunotriquetral ligament tear
- Right scapholunate ligament rupture
- Right scapholunate ligament tear