2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 359.9
- Short description: Myopathy NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 359.9 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 359.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Disorder of muscle
- Disorder of skeletal AND/OR smooth muscle (disorder)
- Mitochondrial myopathy
- Myopathy, mitochondrial
- Acquired, familial, and congenital disorders of skeletal muscle and smooth muscle.
- Impairment of health or a condition of abnormal functioning of the muscle.
- Your muscles help you move and help your body work. Different types of muscles have different jobs. There are many problems that can affect muscles. Muscle disorders can cause weakness, pain or even paralysis. There may be no known cause for a muscle disorder. Some known causes include
- injury or overuse, such as sprains or strains, cramps or tendinitis
- genetics, such as muscular dystrophy
- some cancers
- inflammation, such as myositis
- diseases of nerves that affect muscles
- certain medicines
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM G72.9 Myopathy, unspecified