2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 958.6
Volkmann's ischemic contracture
- Short description: Volkmann's isch contract.
- ICD-9-CM 958.6 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 958.6 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- A type of permanent damage to muscles and nerves that results from prolonged lack blood flow to those tissues. It is characterized by shortening and stiffening of the muscles.
- Posttraumatic muscle contracture
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM T79.6XXA Traumatic ischemia of muscle, initial encounter