2010 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code V18.51
Family history, colonic polyps
- Abnormal growths of tissue in the lining of the bowel. Polyps are a risk factor for colon cancer.
- adenomatous colon polyps are considered to be precursor lesions of colon cancer.
- This is a descriptive term referring of a mass of tissue that bulges or projects into the lumen of the colon. The mass is macroscopically visible and may either have a broad base attachment to the colon wall, or be on a pedunculated stalk. These may be benign or malignant.
- Short description: Family hx colonic polyps.
- ICD-9-CM V18.51 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2010 version of ICD-9-CM V18.51.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM V18.51: 2011 2012 2013.
V18.51 Alternative Terminology
Convert V18.51 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to V18.51: