2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 355.5
Tarsal tunnel syndrome
- ICD-9-CM 355.5 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 355.5 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- L posterior tibial neuropathy
- Left posterior tibial neuropathy
- Left tarsal tunnel syndrome (disorder)
- Neuropathy (nerve damage), posterior tibial nerve
- Posterior tibial neuropathy
- R posterior tibial neuropathy
- Right posterior tibial neuropathy
- Right tarsal tunnel syndrome (disorder)
- Tarsal tunnel syndrome (ankle condition)
- Tarsal tunnel syndrome (ankle condition), left
- Tarsal tunnel syndrome (ankle condition), right
- Tarsal tunnel syndrome, L
- Tarsal tunnel syndrome, R
- A syndrome resulting from the entrapment and compression of the tibial nerve. Signs and symptoms include burning sensation, tingling, and pain in the foot sole.
- Entrapment of the distal branches of the posterior tibial nerve (which divides into the medial plantar, lateral plantar, and calcanial nerves) in the tarsal tunnel, which lies posterior to the internal malleolus and beneath the retinaculum of the flexor muscles of the foot. Symptoms include ankle pain radiating into the foot which tends to be aggravated by walking. Examination may reveal tinel's sign (radiating pain following nerve percussion) over the tibial nerve at the ankle, weakness and atrophy of the small foot muscles, or loss of sensation in the foot. (from foot ankle 1990;11(1):47-52)
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM G57.50 Tarsal tunnel syndrome, unspecified lower limb