2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 377.41
Ischemic optic neuropathy
- Short description: Ischemic optic neuropthy.
- ICD-9-CM 377.41 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 377.41 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Anterior ischemic optic neuropathy
- Bilat ischemic optic neuropathy
- Bilateral ischemic optic neuropathy
- Ischemic optic neuropathy, both eyes
- L ischemic optic neuropathy
- Left ischemic optic neuropathy
- Optic neuropathy, ischemic
- Posterior ischemic optic neuropathy
- R ischemic optic neuropathy
- Right ischemic optic neuropathy
- Ischemic injury to the optic nerve which usually affects the optic disk (optic neuropathy, anterior ischemic) and less frequently the retrobulbar portion of the nerve (optic neuropathy, posterior ischemic). The injury results from occlusion of arterial blood supply which may result from temporal arteritis; atherosclerosis; collagen diseases; embolism; diabetes mellitus; and other conditions. The disease primarily occurs in the sixth decade or later and presents with the sudden onset of painless and usually severe monocular visual loss. Anterior ischemic optic neuropathy also features optic disk edema with microhemorrhages. The optic disk appears normal in posterior ischemic optic neuropathy. (glaser, neuro-ophthalmology, 2nd ed, p135)
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM H47.019 Ischemic optic neuropathy, unspecified eye
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 377.41
- Disorder - see also Disease
- Neuropathy, neuropathic (see also Disorder, nerve) 355.9