2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 315.9
Unspecified delay in development
- Short description: Development delay NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 315.9 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 315.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Developmental delay
- Developmental delay, global
- Developmental delay, mild-moderate
- Developmental delay, severe
- Developmental disorder
- Developmental neurologic disorder
- Gen neurologic/dev delay
- Global developmental delay
- Mild to moderate developmental delay
- Neurodevelopmental disorder
- Severe developmental delay
- According to United States Federal legislation, learning problems that are due to visual, hearing, or motor handicaps, mental retardation, emotional disturbance or environmental, cultural, or economic disadvantage. Compare learning disabilities.
- As encompassed in federal legislation for educational assistance to handicapped children, includes disabilities originating before age 18 that constitute substantial barriers to normal functioning. Use a more specific term if possible.
- Conditions characterized by a significant discrepancy between an individual's perceived level of intellect and their ability to acquire new language and other cognitive skills; may result from organic or psychological conditions.
- Delays in any or all areas including cognitive, social, language, sensory, and emotional development.
- Developmental disorder NOS
- Learning disorder NOS
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM F81.9 Developmental disorder of scholastic skills, unspecified
- 2014 ICD-10-CM F89 Unspecified disorder of psychological development