2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 315.31
Expressive language disorder
- Short description: Expressive language dis.
- ICD-9-CM 315.31 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 315.31 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Developmental expressive language delay
- Developmental expressive language disorder
- Developmental language disorder
- Expressive developmental language delay
- Expressive language delay
- Expressive language delay, mild
- Expressive language delay, moderate
- Expressive language delay, severe
- Language disorder, developmental
- Language disorder, expressive
- Mild expressive language delay
- Moderate expressive language delay
- Severe expressive language delay
- A disorder characterized by an impairment in the development of an individual's expressive language which is in contrast to his/her nonverbal intellect and receptive language development. The impairment may be acquired (i.e., due to a brain lesion or head trauma) or developmental (i.e., no known neurological insult).
- Developmental aphasia
- Word deafness
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM F80.1 Expressive language disorder