2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 300.00
Anxiety state, unspecified
- Short description: Anxiety state NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 300.00 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 300.00 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Anxiety disorder
- Anxiety in childbirth
- Anxiety postpartum
- Anxiety, chronic
- Chronic anxiety
- Postpartum anxiety
- Postpartum anxiety (after childbirth)
- Apprehension of danger and dread accompanied by restlessness, tension, tachycardia, and dyspnea unattached to a clearly identifiable stimulus.
- Apprehension or fear of impending actual or imagined danger, vulnerability, or uncertainty.
- Feeling of distress or apprehension whose source is unknown.
- Term was discontinued in 1997. In 2000, the term was removed from all records containing it, and replaced with anxiety disorders, its postable counterpart.
- Unpleasant, but not necessarily pathological, emotional state resulting from an unfounded or irrational perception of danger; compare with fear and clinical anxiety.
- Vague uneasy feeling of discomfort or dread accompanied by an autonomic response (the source often nonspecific or unknown to the individual); a feeling of apprehension caused by anticipation of danger. It is an alerting signal that warns of impending danger and enables the individual to take measures to deal with threat.
- state (neurotic)
- Atypical anxiety disorder
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM F41.9 Anxiety disorder, unspecified