2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 272.5
- ICD-9-CM 272.5 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 272.5 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Familial hyperchylomicronemia (disorder)
- Familial hypoalphalipoproteinemia
- Familial hypobetalipoproteinemia
- Familial lipoprotein lipase deficiency
- HDL deficiency
- high density lipoid deficiency
- High density lipoprotein (hdl) deficiency
- High density lipoprotein deficiency
- Hypoalphalipoproteinemia, familial
- Hypobetalipoproteinemia, familial
- Lipoprotein deficiency
- Lipoprotein deficiency disorder
- Conditions with abnormally low levels of lipoproteins in the blood. This may involve any of the lipoprotein subclasses, including alpha-lipoproteins (high-density lipoproteins); beta-lipoproteins (low-density lipoproteins); and prebeta-lipoproteins (very-low-density lipoproteins).
- Disorder of lipid metabolism inherited as an autosomal recessive trait characterized by the near absence of apolipoprotein b and apob containing lipoproteins in plasma; microsomal triglyceride transfer protein is deficient or absent in enterocytes; clinical and laboratory findings include acanthocytosis, hypocholesterolemia, peripheral neuropathy, posterior column degeneration, ataxia, and steatorrhea; intellectual abilities may also be impaired.
- Presence of abnormally low levels of lipoproteins in the serum.
- Bassen-Kornzweig syndrome
- High-density lipoid deficiency
- Hypobetalipoproteinemia (familial)
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM E78.6 Lipoprotein deficiency