2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 255.2
- group of syndromes caused by inherited defects in cortisol and/or aldosterone biosynthesis; ACTH elevation is caused by low levels of cortisol, whose production is impaired by absence or deficiency of one of the five enzymes necessary for its synthesis from cholesterol.
- abnormal possession of mature masculine somatic characteristics by a girl, woman, or prepubescent; may be present at birth or may appear first later in life, depending on its cause; it may be relatively mild (hirsutism) or severe; commonly the result of gonadal or adrenocortical dysfunction, or may be produced by androgenic therapy.
- ICD-9-CM 255.2 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 255.2.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 255.2: 2013.
Convert 255.2 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 255.2: