2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 798.0
Sudden infant death syndrome
- sudden and unexpected death of an apparently healthy infant, typically occurring between 3 weeks and 5 months of age, most infants dying at night, and not explained by postmortem data.
- Unexpected death of an apparently healthy infant during sleep.
- Short description: Sudden infant death synd.
- ICD-9-CM 798.0 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 798.0.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 798.0: 2013.
Convert 798.0 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 798.0: