2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 277.9
Unspecified disorder of metabolism
- condition in which there is a deviation from or caused by an abnormal metabolic process; can be congenital due to inherited enzyme abnormality (INBORN METABOLISM DISORDER) or acquired due to disease of an endocrine organ or failure of a metabolically important organ such as the liver.
- A condition in which normal metabolic processes are disrupted, usually because of a missing enzyme.
- A congenital (due to inherited enzyme abnormality) or acquired (due to failure of a metabolic important organ) disorder resulting from an abnormal metabolic process. -- 2003
- Short description: Metabolism disorder NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 277.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2011 version of ICD-9-CM 277.9.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 277.9: 2012 2013.
277.9 Alternative Terminology
Convert 277.9 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 277.9: