2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 277.1
Disorders of porphyrin metabolism
- group of disorders characterized by the excessive production of porphyrins or their precursors that arises from abnormalities in the regulation of the porphyrin-heme pathway; acquired porphyrias, which are due to inhibition of enzymes in the metabolic pathway by a drug, toxin or abnormal metabolite, are more common than those which are inherited.
- autosomal dominant disorder due to partial deficiency of ferrochelatase, characterized by an excess of protoporphyrin and a wide variety of photosensitive skin changes.
- Short description: Dis porphyrin metabolism.
- ICD-9-CM 277.1 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2011 version of ICD-9-CM 277.1.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 277.1: 2012 2013.
Convert 277.1 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 277.1: