2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 271.2
Hereditary fructose intolerance
- autosomal recessive fructose metabolism disorder due to deficient fructose-1-phosphate aldolase (EC 188.8.131.52) activity, resulting in accumulation of fructose-1-phosphate; accumulated fructose-1-phosphate inhibits glycogenolysis and gluconeogenesis, causing severe hypoglycemia following ingestion of fructose; prolonged fructose ingestion in infants leads ultimately to hepatic failure and death; patients develop a strong distaste for sweet food, and avoid a chronic course of the disease by remaining on a fructose- and sucrose-free diet.
- Short description: Hered fructose intoleran.
- ICD-9-CM 271.2 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2011 version of ICD-9-CM 271.2.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 271.2: 2012 2013.
Convert 271.2 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 271.2: