2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 270.3
Disturbances of branched-chain amino-acid metabolism
- autosomal recessive inherited disorder with multiple forms of phenotypic expression, caused by a defect in the oxidative decarboxylation of branched-chain amino acids; metabolites accumulate in body fluids and render a "maple syrup" odor; divided into classic, intermediate, intermittent, and thiamine responsive subtypes; classic form presents in the first week of life with ketoacidosis, hypoglycemia, emesis, neonatal seizures, and hypertonia; the intermediate and intermittent forms present in childhood or later with acute episodes of ataxia and vomiting.
- Short description: Bran-chain amin-acid dis.
- ICD-9-CM 270.3 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2011 version of ICD-9-CM 270.3.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 270.3: 2012 2013.
Convert 270.3 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 270.3: