2010 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 300.00
Anxiety state unspecified
- Feeling of distress or apprehension whose source is unknown.
- unpleasant, but not necessarily pathological, emotional state resulting from an unfounded or irrational perception of danger; compare with FEAR and CLINICAL ANXIETY.
- Vague uneasy feeling of discomfort or dread accompanied by an autonomic response (the source often nonspecific or unknown to the individual); a feeling of apprehension caused by anticipation of danger. It is an alerting signal that warns of impending danger and enables the individual to take measures to deal with threat.
- Apprehension or fear of impending actual or imagined danger, vulnerability, or uncertainty.
- Apprehension of danger and dread accompanied by restlessness, tension, tachycardia, and dyspnea unattached to a clearly identifiable stimulus.
- Term was discontinued in 1997. In 2000, the term was removed from all records containing it, and replaced with ANXIETY DISORDERS, its postable counterpart.
- Short description: Anxiety state NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 300.00 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2010 version of ICD-9-CM 300.00.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 300.00: 2011 2012 2013.
300.00 Alternative Terminology
Convert 300.00 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 300.00: