2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 518.51
Acute respiratory failure following trauma and surgery
- Short description: Ac resp flr fol trma/srg.
- ICD-9-CM 518.51 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 518.51 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 518.51.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 518.51: 2013 2014.
- acute respiratory failure in other conditions (518.81)
- Respiratory failure, not otherwise specified, following trauma and surgery
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM J95.821 Acute postprocedural respiratory failure
- 2014 ICD-10-CM J96.00 Acute respiratory failure, unspecified whether with hypoxia or hypercapnia