2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 518.84
Acute and chronic respiratory failure
- Short description: Acute & chronc resp fail.
- ICD-9-CM 518.84 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 518.84 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 518.84.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 518.84: 2013 2014.
- Acute on chronic hypercapnic respiratory failure
- Acute on chronic hypoxemic respiratory failure
- Acute on chronic respiratory failure
- Acute-on-chronic respiratory failure
- Respiratory failure, acute on chronic
- acute and chronic respiratory failure following trauma or surgery (518.53)
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM J96.20 Acute and chronic respiratory failure, unspecified whether with hypoxia or hypercapnia
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 518.84
- Failure, failed
- respiration, respiratory 518.81
- Respiratory - see also condition