2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 518.81
Acute respiratory failure
- Short description: Acute respiratry failure.
- ICD-9-CM 518.81 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 518.81 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 518.81.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 518.81: 2013 2014 2015.
- Acute hypercapnic respiratory failure
- Acute hypercapnic respiratory failure due to obstructive sleep apnea
- Acute hypercarbic respiratory failure secondary to obstuctive sleep apnea
- Acute hypoxemic respiratory failure
- Acute respiratory failure from obstuctive sleep apnea
- Alveolar hypoventilation
- Hypercapnic respiratory failure
- Hypoxemic respiratory failure
- Postprocedural respiratory failure
- Respiratory failure
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM J96.00 Acute respiratory failure, unspecified whether with hypoxia or hypercapnia
- 2015 ICD-10-CM J96.90 Respiratory failure, unspecified, unspecified whether with hypoxia or hypercapnia