2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 518.51
Acute respiratory failure following trauma and surgery
- Billable Thru Sept 30/2015
- Non-Billable On/After Oct 1/2015
- Short description: Ac resp flr fol trma/srg.
- ICD-9-CM 518.51 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 518.51 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2014 version of ICD-9-CM 518.51.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 518.51: 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM J95.821 Acute postprocedural respiratory failure
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM J96.00 Acute respiratory failure, unspecified whether with hypoxia or hypercapnia
- Posttraumatic respiratory failure
- acute respiratory failure in other conditions (518.81)
- Respiratory failure, not otherwise specified, following trauma and surgery