2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 518.53
Acute and chronic respiratory failure following trauma and surgery
- Billable Thru Sept 30/2015
- Non-Billable On/After Oct 1/2015
- Short description: Ac/chr rsp flr fol tr/sg.
- ICD-9-CM 518.53 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 518.53 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2014 version of ICD-9-CM 518.53.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 518.53: 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM J95.822 Acute and chronic postprocedural respiratory failure
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM J96.20 Acute and chronic respiratory failure, unspecified whether with hypoxia or hypercapnia
- Acute and chronic postprocedural respiratory failure
- Acute and chronic posttraumatic respiratory failure
- acute and chronic respiratory failure in other conditions (518.84)
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 518.53
- Failure, failed
- respiration, respiratory 518.81
- Respiratory - see also condition