2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 518.83
Chronic respiratory failure
- Billable Thru Sept 30/2015
- Non-Billable On/After Oct 1/2015
- Short description: Chronic respiratory fail.
- ICD-9-CM 518.83 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 518.83 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2014 version of ICD-9-CM 518.83.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 518.83: 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM J96.10 Chronic respiratory failure, unspecified whether with hypoxia or hypercapnia
- Chronic hypercapnic respiratory failure
- Chronic hypoxemic respiratory failure
- Hypercapnic respiratory failure, chronic
- Hypoxemic respiratory failure, chronic
- Respiratory failure, chronic
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 518.83
- Failure, failed
- respiration, respiratory 518.81
- Respiratory - see also condition