2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 414.9
Chronic ischemic heart disease, unspecified
- A disorder of cardiac function caused by insufficient blood flow to the muscle tissue of the heart. The decreased blood flow may be due to narrowing of the coronary arteries, to obstruction by a thrombus, or less commonly, to diffuse narrowing of arterioles and other small vessels within the heart. Severe interruption of the blood supply to the myocardial tissue may result in necrosis of cardiac muscle (myocardial infarction).
- blood deficiency in the myocardium caused by a constriction or obstruction of its blood vessels; frequently occurs in conjunction with hypoxia, which is reduction in oxygen supply.
- Short description: Chr ischemic hrt dis NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 414.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 414.9.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 414.9: 2013.
Convert 414.9 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 414.9: