2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 359.21
Myotonic muscular dystrophy
- autosomal dominant neuromuscular disorder which usually presents in early adulthood, characterized by progressive muscular atrophy (most frequently involving the hands, forearms, and face), myotonia, frontal baldness, lenticular opacities, and testicular atrophy; cardiac conduction abnormalities, diaphragmatic weakness, and mild mental retardation may also occur; congenital myotonic dystrophy is a severe form of this disorder.
- Short description: Myotonic musclr dystrphy.
- ICD-9-CM 359.21 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 359.21.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 359.21: 2013.
359.21 Alternative Terminology
Convert 359.21 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 359.21: