2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 746.7
Hypoplastic left heart syndrome
- ICD-9-CM 746.7 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 746.7 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- HYPOPLASTIC LEFT HEART SYNDROME
- A condition caused by underdevelopment of the whole left half of the heart. It is characterized by hypoplasia of the left cardiac chambers (heart atrium; heart ventricle), the aorta, the aortic valve, and the mitral valve. Severe symptoms appear in early infancy when ductus arteriosus closes
- A rare congenital cardiovascular disorder characterized by severe underdevelopment of the left side of the heart. Signs and symptoms include tachypnea, cyanosis, dyspnea, and lethargy
- Atresia, or marked hypoplasia, of aortic orifice or valve, with hypoplasia of ascending aorta and defective development of left ventricle (with mitral valve atresia)
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM Q23.4 Hypoplastic left heart syndrome