2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 530.0
Achalasia and cardiospasm
- Short description: Achalasia & cardiospasm.
- ICD-9-CM 530.0 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 530.0 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Achalasia of esophagus
- Acquired achalasia
- Acquired achalasia of esophagus
- Megaesophagus due to Chagas disease
- Megaesophagus in Chagas' disease
- Failure of normal relaxation of the lower esophageal sphincter associated with uncoordinated contractions of the thoracic esophagus, resulting in functional obstruction and difficulty swallowing.
- congenital cardiospasm (750.7)
- Achalasia (of cardia)
- Aperistalsis of esophagus
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM K22.0 Achalasia of cardia