2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 750.5
Congenital hypertrophic pyloric stenosis
- Short description: Cong pyloric stenosis.
- ICD-9-CM 750.5 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 750.5 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Hypertrophic pyloric stenosis, congenital
- An abnormality characterized by thickening of the muscle in the wall of the pylorus. It results in the narrowing of the pyloric channel. The overlying mucosa may appear hypertrophic as well. Clinical signs and symptoms appear early in life and include projectile vomiting and dehydration.
- Narrowing of the pyloric canal due to hypertrophy of the surrounding circular muscle. It is usually seen in infants or young children.
- Congenital or infantile:
- constriction of pylorus
- hypertrophy of pylorus
- spasm of pylorus
- stenosis of pylorus
- stricture of pylorus
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM Q40.0 Congenital hypertrophic pyloric stenosis