2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 530.1
- There are 5 ICD-9-CM codes below 530.1 that define this diagnosis in greater detail. Do not use this code on a reimbursement claim.
- A disorder characterized by inflammation of the esophageal wall.
- An acute or chronic inflammatory process affecting the esophageal wall.
- Inflammation of the esophagus (the tube that carries food from the mouth to the stomach).
- Inflammation of the esophagus caused by the reflux of gastric juice with contents of the stomach and duodenum.
- Inflammation, acute or chronic, of the esophagus caused by bacteria, chemicals, or trauma.
- tuberculous esophagitis (017.8)
- Use additional E code to identify cause, if induced by chemical