2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 301.22
Schizotypal personality disorder
- Short description: Schizotypal person dis.
- ICD-9-CM 301.22 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 301.22 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- A disorder characterized by an enduring pattern of inability to establish close relationships coupled with cognitive or perceptual distortions, odd beliefs and speech, and eccentric behavior and appearance.
- A personality disorder in which there are oddities of thought (magical thinking, paranoid ideation, suspiciousness), perception (illusions, depersonalization), speech (digressive, vague, overelaborate), and behavior (inappropriate affect in social interactions, frequently social isolation) that are not severe enough to characterize schizophrenia.
- Personality disorder characterized by eccentric thoughts and appearance, inappropriate affect and behavior, extreme social anxiety, and limited interpersonal interaction.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM F21 Schizotypal disorder