2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 301.82
Avoidant personality disorder
- Short description: Avoidant personality dis.
- ICD-9-CM 301.82 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 301.82 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Personality disorder, avoidant
- A disorder characterized by an enduring pattern of avoidance of social situations and interpersonal contact due to overwhelming feelings of social inadequacy and a hypersensitivity to negative evaluation or rejection.
- Personality disorder characterized by excessive social discomfort, extreme sensitivity to negative perceptions of oneself, pervasive preoccupation with being criticized or rejected in social situations, and low self esteem.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM F60.6 Avoidant personality disorder
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 301.82
- Disorder - see also Disease
- avoidant 301.82