2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 283.11
- Short description: Hemolytic uremic synd.
- ICD-9-CM 283.11 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 283.11 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Hemolytic uremic syndrome
- A disorder characterized by a form of thrombotic microangiopathy with renal failure, hemolytic anemia, and severe thrombocytopenia.
- A form of thrombotic microangiopathy with renal failure, hemolytic anemia, and severe thrombocytopenia.
- A syndrome that is associated with microvascular diseases of the kidney, such as renal cortical necrosis. It is characterized by hemolytic anemia (anemia, hemolytic); thrombocytopenia; and acute renal failure.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM D59.3 Hemolytic-uremic syndrome