2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 270.4
Disturbances of sulphur-bearing amino-acid metabolism
- Short description: Sulph amino-acid met dis.
- ICD-9-CM 270.4 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 270.4 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- 5,10-Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase deficiency
- Deficiency, methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase
- Disorder of sulfur-bearing amino acid metabolism
- Disorder of sulphur bearing amino acid metabolism
- Heterozygous methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase mutation
- Homozygous methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase mutation
- Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase deficiency
- Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase mutation
- Sulphur bearing amino acid metabolism disorder
- Autosomal recessive inborn error of methionine metabolism usually caused by a deficiency of cystathionine beta-synthase and associated with elevations of homocysteine in plasma and urine; clinical features include a tall, slender habitus, scoliosis, arachnodactyly, muscle weakness, genu varis, thin blond hair, malar flush, lens dislocations, an increased incidence of mental retardation, and a tendency to develop fibrosis of arteries, frequently complicated by cerebrovascular accidents and myocardial infarction.
- Disturbances of metabolism of methionine, homocystine, and cystathionine
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM E72.10 Disorders of sulfur-bearing amino-acid metabolism, unspecified
- 2014 ICD-10-CM E72.11 Homocystinuria
- 2014 ICD-10-CM E72.19 Other disorders of sulfur-bearing amino-acid metabolism