Home > 2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Codes > Diseases Of The Digestive System 520-579 > Other Diseases Of Digestive System 570-579 > Liver abscess and sequelae of chronic liver disease 572-
2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 572.2
- ICD-9-CM 572.2 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2013 version of ICD-9-CM 572.2.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 572.2: 2014.
- A constellation of signs and symptoms characterized by changes in personality, consciousness, and reflexes, resulting from neuropsychiatric abnormalities secondary to liver failure without evidence of other brain disease.
- A syndrome characterized by central nervous system dysfunction in association with liver failure, including portal-systemic shunts. Clinical features include lethargy and confusion (frequently progressing to coma); asterixis; nystagmus, pathologic; brisk oculovestibular reflexes; decorticate and decerebrate posturing; muscle spasticity; and bilateral extensor plantar reflexes (see reflex, babinski). Electroencephalography may demonstrate triphasic waves. (from Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, pp1117-20; plum & posner, diagnosis of stupor and coma, 3rd ed, p222-5)
- Syndrome characterized by central nervous system dysfunction in association with liver failure, including portal-systemic shunts; clinical features include lethargy and confusion, frequently progressing to coma, asterixis, nystagmus, brisk oculovestibular reflexes, decorticate and decerebrate posturing, muscle spasticity, and bilateral extensor plantar reflexes.
- Acute liver failure w coma
- Acute liver failure with coma
- Alcoholic liver failure w coma
- Alcoholic liver failure with coma
- Chronic liver failure w coma
- Coma due to acute and subacute hepatic failure
- Hepatic coma
- Hepatic coma due to alcoholic liver failure
- Hepatic coma due to chronic hepatic failure
- Hepatic coma due to hepatitis
- Hepatic coma due to subacute liver failure
- Hepatic necrosis and coma due to toxic liver disease
- Hepatitis w hepatic coma
- Hepatitis with hepatic coma
- Subacute liver failure w coma
- Subacute liver failure with coma
- Toxic liver disease w hepatic necrosis, w coma
- Toxic liver disease with hepatic necrosis, with coma
- hepatic coma associated with viral hepatitis - see category 070
- Hepatic coma
- Hepatocerebral intoxication
- Portal-systemic encephalopathy
Convert to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 572.2:
ICD-9-CM codes are used in medical billing and coding to describe diseases, injuries, symptoms and conditions. ICD-9-CM 572.2 is one of thousands of ICD-9-CM codes used in healthcare. Although ICD-9-CM and CPT codes are largely numeric, they differ in that CPT codes describe medical procedures and services. Can't find a code? Start at the root of ICD-9-CM, check the 2013 ICD-9-CM Index or use the search engine at the top of this page to lookup any code.