2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 572.2
- ICD-9-CM 572.2 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 572.2 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Acute liver failure w coma
- Acute liver failure with coma
- Alcoholic liver failure w coma
- Alcoholic liver failure with coma
- Chronic liver failure w coma
- Coma due to acute and subacute hepatic failure
- Hepatic coma
- Hepatic coma due to alcoholic liver failure
- Hepatic coma due to chronic hepatic failure
- Hepatic coma due to hepatitis
- Hepatic coma due to subacute liver failure
- Hepatic necrosis and coma due to toxic liver disease
- Hepatitis w hepatic coma
- Hepatitis with hepatic coma
- Subacute liver failure w coma
- Subacute liver failure with coma
- Toxic liver disease w hepatic necrosis, w coma
- Toxic liver disease with hepatic necrosis, with coma
- A constellation of signs and symptoms characterized by changes in personality, consciousness, and reflexes, resulting from neuropsychiatric abnormalities secondary to liver failure without evidence of other brain disease.
- A syndrome characterized by central nervous system dysfunction in association with liver failure, including portal-systemic shunts. Clinical features include lethargy and confusion (frequently progressing to coma); asterixis; nystagmus, pathologic; brisk oculovestibular reflexes; decorticate and decerebrate posturing; muscle spasticity; and bilateral extensor plantar reflexes (see reflex, babinski). Electroencephalography may demonstrate triphasic waves. (from Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, pp1117-20; plum & posner, diagnosis of stupor and coma, 3rd ed, p222-5)
- Syndrome characterized by central nervous system dysfunction in association with liver failure, including portal-systemic shunts; clinical features include lethargy and confusion, frequently progressing to coma, asterixis, nystagmus, brisk oculovestibular reflexes, decorticate and decerebrate posturing, muscle spasticity, and bilateral extensor plantar reflexes.
- hepatic coma associated with viral hepatitis - see category 070
- Hepatic coma
- Hepatocerebral intoxication
- Portal-systemic encephalopathy
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM K72.90 Hepatic failure, unspecified without coma
- 2014 ICD-10-CM K72.91 Hepatic failure, unspecified with coma