Home > 2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Codes > Endocrine, Nutritional And Metabolic Diseases, And Immunity Disorders 240-279 > Nutritional Deficiencies 260-269 > Vitamin d deficiency 268-
2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 268.9
Unspecified vitamin D deficiency
- Short description: Vitamin D deficiency NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 268.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2013 version of ICD-9-CM 268.9.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 268.9: 2014.
- A nutritional condition produced by a deficiency of vitamin d in the diet, insufficient production of vitamin d in the skin, inadequate absorption of vitamin d from the diet, or abnormal conversion of vitamin d to its bioactive metabolites. It is manifested clinically as rickets in children and osteomalacia in adults. (from cecil textbook of medicine, 19th ed, p1406)
- Condition due to a deficiency of vitamin d.
- Vitamin D deficiency
- Avitaminosis D
Convert to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 268.9:
- Avitaminosis (multiple NEC) (see also Deficiency, vitamin) 269.2
- Calciferol (vitamin D) deficiency 268.9
- Deficiency, deficient
- viosterol (see also Deficiency, calciferol) 268.9
- vitamin (multiple) NEC 269.2
- A 264.9
- xeroderma 264.8
- xerophthalmia 264.7
- B (complex) NEC 266.9
- B1 NEC 265.1
- beriberi 265.0
- B2 266.0
- B6 266.1
- B12 266.2
- BC (folic acid) 266.2
- C (ascorbic acid) (with scurvy) 267
- D (calciferol) (ergosterol) 268.9
- E 269.1
- folic acid 266.2
- G 266.0
- H 266.2
- K 269.0
- of newborn 776.0
- nicotinic acid 265.2
- P 269.1
- PP 265.2
- specified NEC 269.1
- zinc 269.3
- A 264.9
- Ergosterol deficiency (vitamin D) 268.9
- Viosterol deficiency (see also Deficiency, calciferol) 268.9
ICD-9-CM codes are used in medical billing and coding to describe diseases, injuries, symptoms and conditions. ICD-9-CM 268.9 is one of thousands of ICD-9-CM codes used in healthcare. Although ICD-9-CM and CPT codes are largely numeric, they differ in that CPT codes describe medical procedures and services. Can't find a code? Start at the root of ICD-9-CM, check the 2013 ICD-9-CM Index or use the search engine at the top of this page to lookup any code.