2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 840.9
Sprains and strains of unspecified site of shoulder and upper arm
- Short description: Sprain shoulder/arm NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 840.9 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 840.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 840.9.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 840.9: 2013 2014 2015.
- glenoid labrum tear
- Labral tear of shoulder
- Labral tear of the shoulder
- Left scapula muscle strain
- Left shoulder muscle strain
- Left shoulder sprain
- Left shoulder tendon tear
- Left upper arm muscle strain
- Right scapula muscle strain
- Right shoulder muscle strain
- Right shoulder sprain
- Right shoulder tendon tear
- Right upper arm muscle strain
- Shoulder strain
- Sprain of shoulder
- Sprain of shoulder and upper arm
- Sprain shoulder and upper arm
- Strain of shoulder
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM S43.409A Unspecified sprain of unspecified shoulder joint, initial encounter
- 2015 ICD-10-CM S46.919A Strain of unspecified muscle, fascia and tendon at shoulder and upper arm level, unspecified arm, initial encounter