2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 844.9
Sprains and strains of unspecified site of knee and leg
- Short description: Sprain of knee & leg NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 844.9 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 844.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 844.9.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 844.9: 2013 2014.
- Anterior shin splints
- Left knee sprain
- Right knee sprain
- Shin splints
- Sprain of knee
- Strain of knee
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM S83.90XA Sprain of unspecified site of unspecified knee, initial encounter
- 2014 ICD-10-CM S86.919A Strain of unspecified muscle(s) and tendon(s) at lower leg level, unspecified leg, initial encounter