Home > 2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Codes > Diseases Of The Nervous System And Sense Organs 320-389 > Other Disorders Of The Central Nervous System 340-349 > Other conditions of brain 348-
2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 348.1
Anoxic brain damage
- ICD-9-CM 348.1 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2011 version of ICD-9-CM 348.1.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 348.1: 2012 2013 2014.
- Ischemic brain damage in which the entire brain is deprived of oxygen. It may be fatal or lead to long term disabilities including developmental delays, intellectual disability, and seizures.
- Anoxic encephalopathy (disorder)
- Cerebral anoxia (lack of oxygen) due to obstetric anesthesia in pregnancy
- Cerebral anoxia due to OB anesthesia in pregnancy
- Cerebral anoxia due to obstetric anesthesia
- Cerebral hypoxia
- Encephalopathy, anoxic
- Hypoxia of brain (disorder)
- Hypoxia, cerebral
- Use additional E code to identify cause
Convert to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 348.1:
- Anoxia 799.02
- cerebral 348.1
- during or resulting from a procedure 997.01
- newborn (see also Distress, fetal, liveborn infant) 770.88
- cerebral 348.1
- Hypoxia (see also Anoxia) 799.02
ICD-9-CM codes are used in medical billing and coding to describe diseases, injuries, symptoms and conditions. ICD-9-CM 348.1 is one of thousands of ICD-9-CM codes used in healthcare. Although ICD-9-CM and CPT codes are largely numeric, they differ in that CPT codes describe medical procedures and services. Can't find a code? Start at the root of ICD-9-CM, check the 2011 ICD-9-CM Index or use the search engine at the top of this page to lookup any code.