2010 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 064
Viral encephalitis transmitted by other and unspecified arthropods
- infections of the brain caused by arthropod-borne viruses primarily from the families togaviridae, flaviviridae, bunyaviridae, reoviridae and rhabdoviridae; life cycles of these viruses are characterized by zoonoses, with birds and lower mammals serving as intermediate hosts; the virus is transmitted to humans by the bite of mosquitoes or ticks; clinical manifestations include fever, headache, alterations of mentation, focal neurologic deficits, and coma.
- Short description: Vir enceph arthropod NEC.
- ICD-9-CM 064 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2010 version of ICD-9-CM 064.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 064: 2011 2012 2013.
Convert 064 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 064: