2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 780.1
- ICD-9-CM 780.1 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 780.1 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Auditory hallucinations (finding)
- Gustatory hallucinations (finding)
- Hallucination, auditory
- Hallucination, gustatory
- Hallucination, olfactory
- Hallucination, tactile
- Hallucination, tactile (touch)
- Olfactory hallucinations (finding)
- Sleep related hallucinations
- Tactile hallucinations (finding)
- A disorder characterized by a false sensory perception in the absence of an external stimulus.
- A false sensory perception in the absence of an external stimulus
- A false sensory perception in the absence of an external stimulus, as distinct from an illusion which is a misperception of an external stimulus.
- A sight, sound, smell, taste, or touch that a person believes to be real but is not real. Hallucinations can be caused by nervous system disease, certain drugs, or mental disorders.
- Perceptions through any sense modality in the absence of an appropriate stimulus. (usually indicative of abnormality but may be experienced occasionally by normal persons).
- Subjectively experienced sensations in the absence of an appropriate stimulus, but which are regarded by the individual as real. They may be of organic origin or associated with mental disorders.
- Subjectively experienced sensations in the absence of an appropriate stimulus, but which are regarded by the individual as real; may be of organic origin, drug induced, or associated with a mental disorder.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM R44.0 Auditory hallucinations
- 2014 ICD-10-CM R44.2 Other hallucinations
- 2014 ICD-10-CM R44.3 Hallucinations, unspecified
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 780.1
- Acousma 780.1
- Gustatory hallucination 780.1
- Hallucination (auditory) (gustatory) (olfactory) (tactile) 780.1
- Pseudohallucination 780.1
- hallucinatory 780.1