2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 372.53
- ICD-9-CM 372.53 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 372.53 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Bilat conjunctival xerosis
- Bilateral conjunctival xerosis
- Conjunctival xerosis, both eyes
- L conjunctival xerosis
- Left conjunctival xerosis
- R conjunctival xerosis
- Right conjunctival xerosis
- Dryness of the eye due to inadequate production of tears. Causes include vitamin a deficiency, sjogren syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, and scleroderma.
- Dryness of the eye surfaces caused by deficiency of tears or conjunctival secretions. It may be associated with vitamin a deficiency, trauma, or any condition in which the eyelids do not close completely.
- Dryness of the eye surfaces caused by deficiency of tears or conjunctival secretions; may be associated with vitamin a deficiency, trauma, or any condition in which the eyelids do not close completely.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM H11.149 Conjunctival xerosis, unspecified, unspecified eye