2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 369.9
Unspecified visual loss
- Short description: Visual loss NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 369.9 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 369.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Cortical visual impairment
- Functional visual loss
- Visual impairment
- Limitation in visual functions.
- Reduced ability to perceive visual stimuli.
- Vision considered to be inferior to normal vision as represented by accepted standards of acuity, field of vision, or motility. Low vision generally refers to visual disorders that are caused by diseases that cannot be corrected by refraction (e.g., macular degeneration; retinitis pigmentosa; diabetic retinopathy, etc.).
- Visual loss: objective loss of visual acuity during a finite period attributable to an underlying disease.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM H54.7 Unspecified visual loss