2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 238.5
Neoplasm of uncertain behavior of histiocytic and mast cells
- Short description: Mastocytoma NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 238.5 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 238.5 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Neoplasm of uncertain behavior, histiocytic or mas
- Neoplasm of uncertain behavior, histiocytic or mast cell
- A heterogeneous group of disorders characterized by the abnormal growth and accumulation of mast cells in one or more organ systems. Recent data suggest that most variants of mastocytosis are clonal disorders. (who, 2001)
- A localized tumor composed of sheets of mast cells without atypia. It includes the cutaneous mastocytoma which involves the dermis and subcutaneous tissue, and the extracutaneous mastocytoma. Most cases of extracutaneous mastocytoma have been reported in the lung.
- A nodule of mast cells. Mastocytomas can involve the skin, subcutaneous tissue, and sometimes muscle. Also called a mast cell tumor.
- Nodular cutaneous mast cell infiltrate, which is usually present at birth or soon after as a solitary nodule, although three to four lesions may occur; lesions typical of urticaria pigmentosa may occur later.
- Mast cell tumor NOS
- Mastocytoma NOS
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM D47.0 Histiocytic and mast cell tumors of uncertain behavior