2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 238.6
Neoplasm of uncertain behavior of plasma cells
- Short description: Plasmacytoma NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 238.6 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 238.6 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Monoclonal gammopathy of uncertain significance
- Multiple solitary plasmacytomas
- Plasma cell myeloma/plasmacytoma
- Plasma cell neoplasm
- Primary cutaneous plasmacytoma
- Solitary osseous myeloma
- (plas-ma-sye-toe-ma) cancer of the plasma cells (white blood cells that produce antibodies) that may turn into multiple myeloma.
- A malignant (clonal) proliferation of plasma cells that are cytologically and immunophenotypically identical to those of plasma cell myeloma, but manifest a localized osseous or extraosseous growth pattern. (who, 2001)
- A single focus of clonal (malignant) plasma cells either in the bone or in another anatomic site without peripheral blood involvement.
- Plasmacytoma NOS
- Solitary myeloma
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM D47.Z9 Other specified neoplasms of uncertain behavior of lymphoid, hematopoietic and related tissue