2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 202.6
Malignant mast cell tumors
- There are 9 ICD-9-CM codes below 202.6 that define this diagnosis in greater detail. Do not use this code on a reimbursement claim.
- A rare entity characterized by localized but destructive growth of a tumor consisting of highly atypical, immature mast cells.(who, 2001)
- A unifocal malignant tumor that consists of atypical pathological mast cells without systemic involvement. It causes local destructive growth in organs other than in skin or bone marrow.
- A variant of mastocytosis characterized by multifocal, dense infiltrates of mast cells (15 or more mast cells in aggregates) detected in the bone marrow and/or other extracutaneous sites. (who, 2001)
- Malignant neoplasm originating from mast cells.
- mast cell leukemia (207.8)
- Mast cell sarcoma
- Systemic tissue mast cell disease